Email Marketing Melbourne – 5 Tips to Increase your open rate
Many businesses have now recognised the importance of email marketing in Melbourne, and have engaged the technique as a means of promoting their business. An eMarketer report indicates that 97% of small businesses use the online marketing technique to target prospects and clients. Like all marketing techniques, there are always ways to maximise on your email marketing campaign. An email marketing Melbourne campaign is of very little benefit if no one opens your mail, reads the content and follows up. Many marketers have difficulty getting a high open rate. An important element for achieving a high open rate for your email marketing in Melbourne campaign may lie in the creation and execution of an effective marketing strategy. This must be built on proper segmentation through a deep understanding of the customer base, their needs and their habits.
Five Ways to Increase the Open Rates for Email Marketing in Melbourne.1. Create a Good First Impression Two things will jump out at the recipients when they see your email, who it is coming from and the subject line. These are your first tools for creating a first impression. They can make or break your email campaign. The Sender: Personalize the 'from' field by using the name of someone in the company, such as the CEO or marketing manager as the sender. Personalized emails will have a significant impact on your open rate. The Subject Line: This builds the recipient's curiosity to the point of deciding whether or not they want to learn more. The email marketing service Total Send (www.totalsend.com) provides the following tips as guides to creating an effective subject line.
- Avoid words or phrases such as free, help, percent off, reminder.
- Giving a location such as a city name can help to increase your open rates.
- Newsletters that constantly showcase the same subject line for each subscription can decrease your open rates.
- Fifty characters or less is enough to create a strong subject line. Exceptions can be made for highly targeted audiences.
- Too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!
- Spammy phrases eg. 'Once in a lifetime opportunity!'
- Sloppy HTML
- ALL CAPS wordings
Like this post? Get your free trial today.
TotalSend SMS and Email Marketing